View Single Post
Old 09-12-2010, 08:16 PM

I feel like a teenage girl at the mall when I hit up the wrecking yard. I go out there sometimes when I have nothing to do/ work on, and always end up finding something that I didn't know I needed.

It seems like everytime I go out there, I have the intention of just buying one thing, and end up walking out with like 10 other things. I'm a sucker for a deal, so if I find it, and know that "one day" I could use it- I'll just go ahead and buy the damn thing.

A perfect example: I'm somewhat of an old Ford buff, so in my lolly gagging out there one day, I came across an old 74 Mercury Monticlair wagon. It had a 351 Cleveland in it. I pulled it the next day complete- flexplate to fan clutch...all for 150. I ended up trading that engine to a transmission man who overhauled the transfer case in my old Bronco. Another time, I found a 429 in an old 69 Mercury Grand Marquie. I barely slept a wink that night, and was there the next day before the doors opened. Same story- 150 Bucks. I put it on an engine stand when I got home, put it on CL, and sold that motor for 600.00 (after I came to the conclusion that I didn't need it, didn't have anything to put it in, didn't really have the room for it....and on and on) The kid in me just HAD to have that 429, cause they're so rare.
2007 20ft Tiger car hauler trailer