View Single Post
Old 09-13-2010, 04:18 PM

Well, Ive managed to replace the rear springs, by a mixture of all your methods and the use of two external spring-compressors to take them down just a little,--about 1.5" to allow them to come out/in

I removed the outer subframe mount-bolt and the bracket held by the two bolts to the floor-pan, this gave me just that little extra to get the job done.

I didnt undo the diff-mount-bolts, but did disconnect the sway-bar links, and brake-pipes (Needed to replace those too, as they were looking a little tired)

What I did notice, when compressing the springs, the new ones did appear tougher to tighten down with my two compressors, so maybe they were a bit soft....
--We'll see when Ive got the rest of the rear end jobs done and back on its wheels...

Ive tried for an hour to loosen the fluid-pipes to the SLS valve-- Heat, abuse, shocking with big 'ammer, cursing, nothing would shift the buggers.--Gave up, as all I was doing was bending the mount-bracket on which the valve is mounted...
I thought any more abuse, and I'm gonna break summit important -knowing my luck lately!.

Ive got this mad idea I'm gonna try and rebuild the thing while its still attached to its pipes....
--Maybe I can, Maybe I cant--Be fun trying!

Biodiesel300TD, I would like to buy two kits if thats OK....?

Alastair AKA H.C.II South Wales, U.K. based member

W123, 1985 300TD Wagon, 256K,
-Most recent M.B. purchase, Cost-a-plenty, Gulps BioDiesel extravagantly, and I love it like an old dog.

W114, 1975 280E Custard Yellow,
-Great above decks needs chassis welding--Really will do it this year....