View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vstech View Post
SOME waterpumps have a ridge on them that extends to the bearing end, and you can use a 3/16" allen wrench to catch the hole in the WP pulley instead of using the tool... however, none of my 87's have it.
most auto parts stores have the large strap wrench needed to hold the pulley still for 4.99 but you don't get the smaller sizes that the HF kit includes...
also, you don't have to order the entire fan! call Phil from the buy parts link, and order just the clutch if you need it, for less than 120.00...
The hole would actually need to be in the water pump flange as it is positioned rearward of the water pump pulley. I don't think OE pumps on the 60X ever had those holes and I don't think very many OEM or aftermarket ones did. The M103 engine is designed with a hole9actually two holes 180 degrees apart) in the water pump flange and has an elongated L shaped holding tool though.

The HF pulley tool is nice because you don't have to screw with the tensioner or remove the serpentine belt to get the clutch and fan removed.