View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 06:50 PM
Luxury Hooptie Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by DieselPaul View Post
Please elaborate - Noise panels, especially the rear one under the transmission
What exactly are you referring to - Trunk lid bumpers, lid- and body-mounted ones
Elaborate on this one too please- Plastic trim around driver armrest hinge on the seat side
Sorry I didn't respond sooner. Have only had sporadic internet access for the last few weeks.
I found a switch at the pick-n-pull, and it turns out I don't actually need a window regulator, it just needed some grease. I still do need the following:

Noise panels - Original equipment includes plastic panels:
Engine: hooked over bottom edge of bumper cover, extends to torque converter
Transmission: big fiberglass panel with channels molded into it hanging below the trans starting at the rear of the engine bay and extending about halfway back to the rear axle.
(Mine self-destructed when the front edge scooped a giant puddle at ~25 MPH.)

Trunk lid bumpers - Don't know what the official name is. On both sides of the trunk in the edge of the body there is a rectangular rubber bumper with a bolt in it. Matching structures in the edge of the trunk lid. Mine are toast.

Plastic armrest trim - On the inboard side of the driver's seat, surrounding the metal armrest support, there is a plastic cover that hides the bolts for the armrest. Go ahead and let me know what you'd charge for the armrest, if you would. It might not be possible to get the plastic bit off the armrest, and the MB-Tex on my armrest looks sad anyway.

Oh! Almost forgot: how much for the front/rear bumper covers and both rocker panels? It's okay if they aren't in super condition, I'm just sick of all the bugs and road grit being so visible.
1994 E320, Brilliantsilber 208k (transmission shuffled off after sudden catastrophic fluid loss)
1982 300D, Silberblau under a blue repaint 256k (sold for parts)
1995 E320 Polarweiss, 131k (sold for parts)
1995 E300D Polarweiss, 287k (totaled by drunk driver)