View Single Post
Old 09-21-2010, 07:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977busman View Post
Well I have some questions about finding the "right" MB diesel for me. I have already owned 3 and liked all of them. However I am a high school student who drives A LOT, and now I am looking at a job that is 20-30min away and plan to start driving more for that. I'm still upset with myself for having "tdi thoughts" and am hoping that you guys can give some advice that keeps me in a MB diesel. Oh and no I am not a honda kind of person so dont suggest it
So here are my thoughts on what I have owned:

1980 300sd- RPM's were to high for me and the climate control system was a nightmare. I loved the car but it just didn't suite my application well.
1983 300sd- Personally love the car but if I drive nice I am only yielding 25mpg, and that's good for the car but im looking for higher. Otherwise the car has been one of my favorites.
1992 300d- Never got to drive the car without leaking delivery valve seals and its almost finished so I will have a better perspective soon. But the car I hear will get somewhere between 30mpg and 35mpg. The car is in overall awsome shape.

My thoughts on what would be better
Im looking at a 1998 e300 for $4999 in a few days and it looks very nice, and I hear they yield similar mpg's to my 1992 300d.
I have also considered the 190d, but I fear that I loose the luxury and big size of the typical benz with this car. However it does yield mpg's closer to 40mpg, and a 5speed is an option!!

So my question is will my 1992 be fine for what I am using it for and i should just keep what I have? Or is there something else out there that would be "better" for me? sorry for being long winded, Im just trying to get rid of my TDI thoughts

PS: not that theres anything wrong with tdi's i just like MB's better

Thanks for any input,
Zach
Since you're in high school, already own two cars in your sig. area. I don't know that I'd be buying a third Mercedes-Benz. I'd opt for a beater Toyota/Honda, at least until I got out of school (including college/trade school). Having three cars would have to cost you some coin in licensing, insurance, repairs and maintenance I would think....