View Single Post
Old 08-18-2002, 11:59 PM
backwoods member

Hi it is me, the evil one. I would like to relay what I hope is the end of the sway bar story.

After relaying the UPS ground shipping cost ($25.09) to the purchaser, he or she declined to respond. After ~ 8 days and another email from me, he or she replied the only way it was worth his or her time to buy it was if he or she saved a “substantial” amount of money on shipping and used the good nature of a “friend” to drive ~20 miles to my house, pick up the sway bar and bushings and drive ~20 miles back to his own house, then have the friend ship it to the potential buyer by means unknown, but again, at a “substantial” savings compared to the massive $25.09 UPS wanted for this task.

The potential buyer was unhappy that I said his or her using someone’s good nature (his or her friend, not me) and expecting me to hang around until it was convenient for his or her friend to show up was rude and offensive on the part of the potential buyer.

Wanting to be complete, I did send email to the “friend” and after 2 days have heard nothing back.

Well, it turns out that sometime between the time the potential buyer insisted that he or she use his or her friend, and the time I told him or her that he or she was rude and offensive, the potential buyer said he or she bought the sway bar and bushings from or for an E60........

So it ended with everyone happy!

Best of all is that I can now throw the sway bar in the trash, which is what I should have done rather than trying to do a good deed and sell it to someone for chump change.

Being evil, of course, I should have known that.....and now I do.

Oh, yes, my thanks to the person who said that UPS would ship a sway bar without packaging. After reading this I called UPS again and they said that they would do so, but at a $5 handling charge. And you know what? Now that I think of it I forgot to add this to the $25.09 OMG!!!!!

Now let me bask in the flames to come: Larry, Billybob, ADAM the copier king, the former potential buyer and, of course anyone else? Feeding time!

And don’t be shy! I will make no further commentary on this issue.

Mahhahaha

'00 ML320 "Casper"
'92 400E "Stella"