View Single Post
Old 09-30-2010, 08:29 PM
Tilting at windmills

Quote:
Originally Posted by amg280 View Post
I dont think that engine was susceptible to the bio-degradeable wiring harness. Having a car in that general vintage is tough. You could have gotten the EA (electronic accelerator) wet. Those things are known to go. I have a spare if it comes down to being that! Buried inside it is a potentiometer that routinely goes bad. Maybe that got wet. Its my assumption thats what it is, since ASR light comes on before movement.

You really should have the codes read. even though the check engine light isnt on, the ASR will store codes.

A brake switch (above brake pedal) is always good insurance with ASR equipped cars. They are cheap and easy to install.

Good luck.

p.s. It should still be drivable after the ASR goes into limp mode and cuts 50% of your gas pedal. You just have the push harder. Your transmission will feel like its malfunctioning but thats normal in limp mode.

That's just it, the engine won't come up from idle at all once the ASR warning comes on. I'll have to have the codes read tomorrow afternoon after work.

Another thing - I discovered a fuel leak just in front of the driver's rear wheel also. Must be the pump or filter I suppose. After I get all of these problems corrected, I think it'll be time to trade this one in. I've put as much time and money into it as I can at this point.

Christine