View Single Post
Old 10-01-2010, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine in FL View Post
That's just it, the engine won't come up from idle at all once the ASR warning comes on. I'll have to have the codes read tomorrow afternoon after work.

Another thing - I discovered a fuel leak just in front of the driver's rear wheel also. Must be the pump or filter I suppose. After I get all of these problems corrected, I think it'll be time to trade this one in. I've put as much time and money into it as I can at this point.

Christine
Well now you know where they get the saying, "The most expensive mercedes is an older one"

The fuel leak couldnt be from rust or corrosion could it? That would be a pita. If its a union at a hose, its probably not that big of a deal to fix.

Just my personal opinion here and will probably get heckled for it, I think the W210's are JUNK. My indy thinks so, the local MB dealer thinks so, the list goes on. MB knows they were junk but took a blind eye when it came to certain warranty repairs. Makes me wonder why most, if not all german auto manufactures offer 12 year rust warranty, while MB still only offers 4 years. My mom had a brand new 2001 E320 and it was completely rusted out at 30K. They make hyundias that will outlast that by at least 7 years. While hers does have the M112 modular V6 engine and you have the venereable M104 inline 6 (i think is better by far), they are essensially the same car.

List the ASR codes and hopefully we can help you proceed from there. Good luck. I went through this with my last car. I wish it didnt have ASR. I had to replace a host of things, including the neutral safety switch.