View Single Post
Old 08-19-2002, 04:47 PM

thanks, in turn

Albert:

Thank you for perhaps the nicest complimets I ever have received on my car; I most appreciate it - coming from a fellow 500E/E500 fanatic.

To answer your question, I repaint my "high exposure" items, about every 12 to 18 months: hood grill, front valence/air-dam, rocker-panels and snap-on lower panels (especially the rear ones, near the wheel-wells - heh-heh...) I also use Klasse cleaner wax and Xymol pretty frequently (yes, quite frequently, I must admit). Road-rash is a no-go; every bit of effort helps.

In fact, I just had a touch-up done for the upcoming 500E/E500 NorCal Wine Country Extravaganza; I'll pick up my car, tomorrow afternoon.

I plan to take more pictures, this weekend, and post them to my website. Incidentally, ///benzsport.com has contacted me and wants to feature my 500E in their 2003 calendar (I hope that's cool with all my mercedesshop.com friends!)

; )

Someone told me, last week, that AMG Monoblock Aero 1 wheels are now available in 18" size. I do not believe this is true - unless they are knock-offs/fakes...

I have a question, please - if I send you some blank wiper filler-panels, might you be able to have them machined and "ventilated," like yours? I prefer louvering - but I cannot find *ANYONE* who can/wants to do it for me, here in the Bay Area.

RSVP / thank you,