View Single Post
Old 08-20-2002, 05:01 PM
mb doc, what battery impact gun do you have? I looked at a hitachi, but it couldnt loosen my lug bolts, so I didnt want it.

Those fold out boxes are copies of the really old hazet boxes. My uncle has like 3 of the old blue hazet ones. You can buy red ones from Snapon UT22, they are like 75 dollars I think. They are the same as griots garage.

One of my friends loves mac ratches, and I can see why, it takes a lot longer for them to give way, but I like how the snapon ones feel and perform. I have all snapon ratchets, and I have quite a bit of snapon extentions. I have noticed that craftsman quality has gone down the drain reciently...I brake craftsman sockets everytime I work on a benz, usually I break them loosening the nuts and bolts. I just use my dads snapon sockets usually because they have tighter tolerances and they dont round off bolts as easy as craftsman and other ones.

Right now I am thinking about getting a snapon impact gun, but I hear that those are made crappy like CP tools, and my friend said to get an IR gun because those are the best. Maybe someone has some advise?

I have mercedes specialty tools including some hazet tools. I am going to get a Klann spring compressor pretty soon.

I think that snapon has the best screwdrivers and wrenches because they fit my hands the best, and I like their extentions because you can put so much force on them before they even deflect, I love my snapon 3/8 breaker bar, its so strong.

Snap on and Mac are very close in their tools, I think that mac ratchets and air tools are slightly better than snapon, but the Mac guy is a jerk, and the snapon guy is really nice to me, so I buy snapon tools because its more convienent. The mac guy lives about 10 blocks from my house, and the snapon guy lives two blocks, and he says I can come over on the weekends if I need to get something immediately.

My dad just got a Facom ratchet, its really nice, it has super fine teeth. I think its a must for every tool box.

I have a full line of gear wrenches. I really like them especially for working on the belt drive systems on the 617 diesel motor, they get into a lot of places that most things cant get to. Anyway, I have been collecting tools since I was 3 so that is why I have so many of them in the 16 years of collection.

I just got a 166C hazet box from samstagsales
No Benzes in the stable at the moment, but itching for one again.

Former Mercedes in the Stable:
1983 300CD Turbo diesel 515k mi sold
1984 300CD Turbo Diesel 150 k mi sold
1982 300D Turbo Diesel 225 sold
1987 300D Turbo Diesel 255k mi sold
1988 300 CE AMG Hammer 15k mi sold
1986 300E Amg Hammer 88k mi sold
1992 500E 156k mi sold