View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TX76513 View Post
Texas is changing rapidly and had us jumping through hoops this year. Currently this is valid:
Registration required. Operators of commercial motor vehicles that meet the following criteria must register with TxDMV as motor carriers:

•Vehicle (or combination of vehicles) with a gross weight, registered weight, or gross weight rating exceeding 26,000 pounds, that is designed or used for transportation of cargo in furtherance of any commercial enterprise
•For-hire vehicle used to transport household goods, regardless of gross weight rating
•Vehicle, including a bus, designed or used to transport more than 15 passengers, including the driver
•Vehicle used to transport hazardous materials in a quantity requiring placarding under the regulations issued under the Federal Hazardous Materials Transportation Act (49 USC, § 5101-5127)
•Vehicle defined by 49 CFR §390.5, owned or controlled by someone domiciled in, or a citizen of, a country other than the United States
Yup !! I used to pass the scales in a F650 service truck. The other drivers would even tell me on the CB I was wasting time sitting in line when I would pull into the scales.

Not anymore !
Scenario: Music playing lovin life here comes a scale house .......... there goes a scale.....wait wonder what the trooper was waving his hat and pointing at looked like it was me. Better turn around and check.

Red faced trooper:" What the hell are you doing passing my scale house! "
Me: "Trucks under DOT specs ."
Trooper: "Is it not a commercial vehicle did that sign not say commercial vehicles?
Son a g** d**n car with decals on it is a commercial vehicle and its supposed to pull in as well !!! What makes you so D**N special??!!

Got a thorough inspection and a warning for passing the scale. "NEXT TIME ITS A 500.00 FINE ! THAT'S A PERSONAL FINE SON !"

Moral of the story: Every scale house I see open I pull into. We even pull the pickups through them.

Chew on my a$$ once shame on me , Twice.................... Well ,You just cant do that.

Experience : what you receive 3 seconds after you really needed it !!

86 300SDL 387,000? Motor committed suicide
81 300SD 214,000 "new" 132,000 motor
83 300SD 212,000 parts car
83 300SD 147,000

91 F700 5.9 cummins 5spd eaton 298,000
66 AMC rambler American 2dr auto 108,000
95 Chevy 3/4 ton auto 160,000
03 Toyota 4runner 180,000 wifes