View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 01:20 PM
Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soothappens View Post
Yup !! I used to pass the scales in a F650 service truck. The other drivers would even tell me on the CB I was wasting time sitting in line when I would pull into the scales.

Not anymore !
Scenario: Music playing lovin life here comes a scale house .......... there goes a scale.....wait wonder what the trooper was waving his hat and pointing at looked like it was me. Better turn around and check.

Red faced trooper:" What the hell are you doing passing my scale house! "
Me: "Trucks under DOT specs ."
Trooper: "Is it not a commercial vehicle did that sign not say commercial vehicles?
Son a g** d**n car with decals on it is a commercial vehicle and its supposed to pull in as well !!! What makes you so D**N special??!!

Got a thorough inspection and a warning for passing the scale. "NEXT TIME ITS A 500.00 FINE ! THAT'S A PERSONAL FINE SON !"

Moral of the story: Every scale house I see open I pull into. We even pull the pickups through them.

Chew on my a$$ once shame on me , Twice.................... Well ,You just cant do that.
If your vehicle isnt as described in Texas you should have answered no. By defintion of CMV. If you trucks says Joes XXX doesn't mean its commercial. If you cross state lines (interstate) the world does change and the GVW movaes to 10,001 #
98 E300 DT
97 E420 Donor Car - NEED PARTS? PM ME!
97 S500
97 E300D
86 Holden Jackaroo Turbo D
86 300SDL
(o\|/o)