Thread: Life stories
View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 02:23 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerH860 View Post
Yes, it is a good car. The water pump started dumping at test drive number 5, but I replaced it along with the serpentine belt. I can usually tell when an old fart owned a car from the smell and the brand of tires (usually Micheline). This is the 3.1 V6. I usually go for the 3.8. The supercharged ones are especially fun.

Had someone call me this morning, after test driving it yesterday, saying they will take it. She wanted to "pray on it" overnight and is now "getting her ducks in a row" to make the purchase. I'll believe it when the cash shows up. Seemed like a good person though, and she rode over with her brother in a 2001 Jeep XJ. He spent more time looking at my 88 wagoneer XJ than the Olds.
I wonder if her "praying on it," has more to do with her being able to "come up with the money," or as a ploy to get a compassionate price break for holiness from you...

The Jeep enthusiast Brother, may be a good candidate for the Wagoneer???

I think you just have to wade through some unsavory potential buyers on any vehicle sale - to get to the cream sometimes, Tyler.