Thread: Life stories
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 10:52 PM
dieselarchitect

I cannot stand those darwin awards. Just too sad.

Day before yesterday I was coming across the river to the place I hang out with a bunch of other old farts for lunch. I come across the river (the one the kid on the bike killed himself on) on the other side if the bridge which has 2 lanes. As I came across I moved into the far right lane which goes for about four blocks marked right turn or straight and passed several cars which were just starting to roll away from the light which I caught. I passed a newish black 350TE wagon and moved over into the lane in front of him and matched his speed. I did not cut him off and did not make the move at the last minute before the go straight portion of the lane ended.

With the top down I could easily hear him downshift and floor it. I watched in my mirror as he moved to the far right lane and passed me then got right in front of me and put on his brakes. Hmmmmmmm....

I cleared traffic and moved to the left lane since I was planning to turn left anyway and he moved left right in front of me....I guess he thought I would try to pass him again, but I simply turned left and went to my restaurant.

About a month ago a fellow did something similar in about the same spot in a Ford Pickup. That did not surprise me.

Someone doing something so juvenile in a newish benz was a total shock.
[SIGPIC] Diesel loving autocrossing grandpa Architect. 08 Dodge 3/4 ton with Cummins & six speed; I have had about 35 benzes. I have a 39 Studebaker Coupe Express pickup in which I have had installed a 617 turbo and a five speed manual.[SIGPIC]

..I also have a 427 Cobra replica with an aluminum chassis.