View Single Post
Old 11-04-2010, 02:17 PM

Thank you. Here are the answers. I forgot to sat that MB was septic today about the L/P and the return valves. But I still hope
All the best.
Olivier

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzhacker View Post
Olivier,
Can you confirm what your basic fuel system consists of beyond just an FPHE? I may have missed it.
Just a large FPHE, here is a picture of it.

Quote:
I did not see reference to how you are managing your fuel supply (testing for water content, particles, oxidation), which is a fairly extensive problem set to explore. I'll start with the fuel system first and see if we can fill in some blanks I'm having on understanding your system.
I only gravity filter the oil, I do once in awhile a Hot Pan Test and its all clear there. I do not de-water the oil as its dry ( HPT) and I don't have the facility to do so anyway.

Quote:
I noted that you have removed the fuel tank fuel strainer and thus I presume you are using either a home-grown single tank system, or a dual tank with small secondary starting/purge tank, but it's not clear to me which of these assumptions is correct.
Just the original car tank, no double or spare tank

Quote:
Do you use any sort of controller, or is the switchover (assuming a small diesel tank) completely manual? From the overall thread, I'm guessing fully manual which is completely fine so long as you have gauges for temp. What is the temperature you use to determine when to switch? What is your average temperature during running?
No gauge, but the car run at 80 degres, the FPHE is bringing the oil at this temperature. I had few bubbles right after the filter that was bugging me for a while. There were none after the FPHE where its suppose to nbe the hottest, but some right away after the filter going to the SOV? I found out that the L/P was sucking the hot oil ( mix with acetone- 0.015%- and the left over of RUG/ injector cleaners/ molly purge that I had the last week) then back into the filter that is boiling hot, this was making the mix boiled... Then to be short, its hot there once the car is at temperature.

Quote:
What sort of solenoids are you using? If this is a single tank system, this won't apply course (I'm hoping this is not the case). Without sufficient heating of the fuel or a purge cycle to cleanse out the fuel lines, solenoids, FPHE, Injection Pump and injectors, there is a tendency to gum up and restrict flow.
As above, only a singlre tank.

Quote:
Do you have an electric fuel pump to help push the fuel to the front of the car, or are you counting on the mechanical lift pump to pull the heavy lot of potentially low temp fuel forward?
No extra pump, yes I am making the L/P working hard

Quote:
Is there any sort of fuel outlet heating? Are the fuel lines from the tank to the engine compartment insulated? What sort of electrical or coolant heated components do you have between tank and Injection Pump that you may not have mentioned?
Not insulated, no other component either then the FPHE

As for fuel management questions, I'll wait until you've responded to the above.

-bh[/QUOTE]
Attached Thumbnails
run some aTF to clean the ip, car sluggish then not reving under load...Long story-pump.jpg  
Second Merc died due to corrosion ( NOT rust) How can mercedes get away with that for so long?
Third lasted a month then went away...
Fourth now... Corroded too...

Last edited by Olivier; 11-04-2010 at 03:25 PM.