View Single Post
Old 11-05-2010, 03:03 PM

My $0.02

First and foremost, this is the wrong forum to ask questions on WVO. There are a lot of nay-say-er around here. There are a lot of long posts for and against WVO but I will try to tell my own experience.

1) People get jealous when I tell them I use WVO and drive for free plus my sweat labor. I then ask them if they change their oil or brake pads themselves. When they say no then I tell them to stick to gas or diesel. If they do not heed your warnings then they are the half-a** mechanics who stand a high risk to ruin their car. But it is their cars and money after all.

2) Most people try to convert old MBZ diesel, at least 15+ year old. So any problems they encounter may be inherent to the car already, that is, pre-existing conditions. Not many people in their right mind would try WVO on a new $50K CDI.

3) People complains that WVO will shorten your engine life. I have yet to be convinced that cars running on diesel will last a long life or forever.

4) There are a lot of factors that determine engine/IP life. Fuel used is one of the factors but not all. I have used WVO successfully and have over 45K on a 300SDL, 30K on a 300D and 10K on a 190D. I have had everything, anything thrown at them, including atf, WMO, brake fluid and PS fuild and they are still running strong.

5) I have installed water diesel separator and after-glow circuit in the cars. I believe there is no ill-effect on the engine if the conversion is done right.

6) I met fellow forum members in SoCal that use WVO/RUG mix successfully without ANY modification to the cars.

7) Now get back to the OP questions. The short answer is possible. The long answer is it depends on a lot of factors. This forum is skewed because most of the posts are problems related so any statistic gleaned from the posts on WVO is unreliable and meaningless.

W124 Keyless remote, PM for details. http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/mercedes-used-parts-sale-wanted/334620-fs-w124-chasis-keyless-remote-%2450-shipped.html

1 X 2006 CDI
1 x 87 300SDL
1 x 87 300D
1 x 87 300TDT wagon
1 x 83 300D
1 x 84 190D ( 5 sp ) - All R134 converted + keyless entry.