Thread: Optima Battery
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2002, 11:38 AM

BUT, I can buy 2 group 49 batteries, each with a 7 year warranty, at Auto Zone and have some change left from $129. It fits all the MB I have and I also get a nationwide warranty and the only thing I need to get warranty service is my phone number because my warranty is in their computer.

Not so at Pep Boys. I lost my warranty papers and they would not replace a bad battery. Its easy to quess how many more batteries I'm going to buy at Pep Boys: somewhere between zip and zilch.

Walmart also has a good 1000 CA 7 year battery for $60 called the MAXX but they don't have it in a group 49. If sales papers are lost, they will honor the warranty but they go by the manufacturers date on the battery which could be months before the sale date.

There is a code on batteries which tells you the manufacture date. It is a letter and number such as D2 and stamped in the case. There may also be a paper sticker with the same code. The example above D2 stands for APR 2002. When buying a battery, you should check this code and purchase the one with the latest date so you get the freshest one.

P E H