View Single Post
Old 11-09-2010, 04:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastair View Post
Yes, Kerry--I did write a post Somewhere about that.

--I Think it was over on STD, 'He Who Shall Not Be Named' was argueing with me about it....

He got me banned this week from there--for disagreeing with him....

Anyway, the upshot of that old post was to use Water-Injection to clean any stuck-rings caused by VO. A number of guys have had issues with the later Multi-valver 505 and 606 engines so bad with ring-gumming to cause the oil to be forced out of the dip-stick hole!

50 miles of water-Injection completely cured the mega-excess blow-by good enough to be able to measure a Negative crank-case pressure under full power--and not just on one or two engines. Ive heard about 6 or 7 that have been 'repaired' this way....

Worth trying before tearing into it!
Thats what I want to do. I didn't see any major oil leaks under the car. Oil cooler lines are good. IP leaks a little oil but that is normal. No huge streaks of oil out the back. So it may be burning it. I would have thought there would be more smoke though.

It does have a good bit of blow by out the top. It shakes the oil cap good . I compared it with my other wagon with 132,000 -- the cap doesn't even move.

I'll be searching but in case i can't find it could you tell me where the water injection how to is ? What is STD?

Thanks.