View Single Post
Old 11-10-2010, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottmcphee View Post
I said I'd post a few pix of how to do quick surgery on your N7 bulb out indicator module. Turns out it takes a double frontal lobotomy to make N7 not pay attention to the headlights on the car. One nick for the low beams, the second nick for the high beams. I'll leave it to you to figure out which is which.

You can do this mod if for any reason you are getting dash lamp out indicator for headlights or highbeams, and they seem to be working fine for you. Maybe you can't figure out why, or simply don't want to figure out why, and it's just annoying because things are working just fine. Maybe your bulb wattage is off, or you upgraded to HIDs, or LED lights, or whatever... I did it because my "lamps" had been converted to relays, as noted in above post.

Here's how to do it.

Find and remove N7 module from the car, it's in the fuse box. Take it out and open it up.

Note the WHITE arrows I painted on the photo pointing to the plastic peg(s) that prevent wrong insertion. This will orient yourself as to which side of the unit you should be working on.

The PURPLE circles show what to cut on one circuit board.
You can cut that thin trace leaving both the encircled pads. Or you can do what I did, heat and lift those two diode leads from the board. Just left them hanging in air a bit off the board. (This way I can re-insert the leads in the future if I ever want to revert.)

Flip the unit over. Note again the WHITE arrows to re-orient yourself to correct side of the unit.

The BLUE circles show what is cut on the other board. Cut either that trace going between the two encircled pads, or lift the jumper wire out at one end.

Now pop it back together, and re-insert into the car.

Doing this mod leaves all other bulb indicator warnings intact.
So i just pulled the indicator module and the circuit board looks different. i have posted pictures below. can you help me diagnose what traces i have to cut? this came out of my 1995 E300D.

thanks

Grey '91 350SDL 214k Dad's car
Beige '81 240D 4 Speed 254k SOLD
Blue '82 300D 225k SOLD
White '95 E300D 46k SOLD
Blue '87 190D 2.5 Turbo 315k SOLD
Brown '80 240D 4 Speed 716k SOLD
Beige '80 300D N/A 119k SOLD
Blue '85 300D Model 186k T-Boned