View Single Post
Old 08-26-2002, 12:00 AM
TANK

You can get one for $5-7k or less. Just remember that just because they are older cars doesn't change the fact they are mercedes (like you didn't already know). What I mean is that they will need repairs and some repairs are going to be that of 40, 50, $60k+- cars, meaning - expensive. Anything with lots of original or old parts is going to need a lot of work. Engines, drivetrain, and body are golden. We know that, it's why we buy these cars. On the other hand starters, and timing chains, and electronics have most likely met their end in some form. Just ask for service and repair records and ask questions. I would find someone who has made lots of repairs already if you can. Good luck! I feel great every time I get in mine and look down that long hood seeing that shiney (sp?) symbol at the end. It just puts me in a good mood! I am getting close to the end of a long/expensive restoration period on my sdl so it gets better every week..Pretty soon I will be able to drive it anywhere with no worries just like a new car. Best thing, it's paid for and for < an hyundia, I am driving a $60 k s-class with timeless class and looks!