View Single Post
Old 11-17-2010, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by conski View Post
I was thinking the om603 in a w123 chassis, most likely a 300td (love those wagons with the yellow fogs). I was reading a bit over on superturbodiesel.com and found out that the biggest struggle with diesels is getting the inline pump to push out more fuel. Also saw that a common solution was to upgrade the elements. Once this was done then a bigger turbo (holset seems to be the most popular with the big HP Finns) could be installed or even adding a nice supercharger to the mix. Correct me if I am wrong in any of my thinking or have skipped a couple steps.

What kind of hp could I expect if I upgraded the elements to 7.5mm (guy on superturbodiesel.com does this and gets the parts from a guy in germany can't remember his name though right now) and also upgraded my turbo to say a big holset one (hx40?)?
I'm thinking the HX40 is a bit on the large side for a DD especially for a 603....

Personally I'm looking at HX35 'Super' for my 606...

Tomnik has the elements in Germany for 'M' type and Derv Tuning in USA fits 'em...
(They MUST be fitted by Proper IP Shop, you Cannot do this yourself--Must be selectively fitted with rollers then the governor set up...)

Alastair AKA H.C.II South Wales, U.K. based member

W123, 1985 300TD Wagon, 256K,
-Most recent M.B. purchase, Cost-a-plenty, Gulps BioDiesel extravagantly, and I love it like an old dog.

W114, 1975 280E Custard Yellow,
-Great above decks needs chassis welding--Really will do it this year....