View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 02:59 PM

Update

I tried spraying water/meth combo post turbo into the intake and it seemed to help a little. I got a bottle of Iso Heet gas line antifreeze that is methanol and added it to about 2 quarts of water. Then sprayed that into intake while revving at around 2500 rpms. But the knocking is still there. My compression tester connector is shot and needs a rebuild so I can't tell for certain. Still blow by but at one point the oil cap quit jumping.

I'm going to do another round of water injection this weekend and see. Also i'm adding some Lucas oil stabalizer to the crank case and see how that does as well. Its time to top it off. It seems to not blow by as much if i leave the oil level about 1 qt low.

Looking ahead at future options -- if I can't get the ring unstuck, the car runs great and i can live with the 5 cylinders of power if i can keep that cylinder from seizing up. I wonder, could i block off the injector line going to #3 offending cylinder at the pump? Would that hurt the pump? The idea is i don't want to be squirting wvo in that cylinder.