Thread: Radio Wanted
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2010, 03:51 PM

I don't believe any of the 123 chassis had a code, so no problem there, I could verify that, I have a radio code guidebook somewhere here. I want to say 1989-1990 was around the time they came out with security code, there were a couple years before that that the dealer had a reset tool to unlock the radio when it went in to "dashed lines" mode.
(-----), but again really sure a 123 never had anything like that.

I can understand wanting to go back to original, I like that sort of thing too. Then if a different format is needed, an FM modulator/charger can be simply plugged in to the cig lighter and an MP3 player used. More modern speakers could be installed and you have a nice stock car with decent sounding tunes.

I want to say the antenna signal wire is purple. That's something else I could look up. It's possible then antenna has a problem, is often just a stuck mast, listen for the antenna motor to whine for awhile when switching on the radio.

I'd try eBay or some of the MB scrap yards for a stock Becker. I know you are hoping to score one here, which could happen yet.

Let me know if you still need help with the antenna wiring. PS does it have a switch on the dash to set the antenna height that you can see?