View Single Post
Old 08-28-2002, 09:27 AM
Hooooooray for me !!!

I can finally say I am an official S class owner. My new-to-me 88 300SE came home last night and I LOVED every minute of it! The feeling of being in an over-engineered German car again. The feel of each switch. I can't wait to change the oil this weekend.

The car's second owner from whom I bought it was such a stickler for detail he actually had the tags that they hang in the car on delivery to explain the SRS system and cruise control! They look like large price tags and have quick explanations of everything on them.

I had a smile from ear to ear on the way in to work today. I sold my old 944 this past January and things have not been the same. The Protege I have been driving is what it is, a nice entry level car. You'd never know the SE was 14 years old. Solid as a Tiger Tank. Now I can once again look forward to the drive
home and to work regardless of traffic or weather.

I don't do it often, but boy it really does feel good to do something for yourself once in a while. I am just so damn happy right now. The sort of self suspended seats will take a few weeks to get used to, but other than that, this could be love.

A BIG thank you to everyone who took the time to answer my many questions. Without the input from this group, I would not have felt confident enough to take the plunge.

Ron Brooks
Ron Brooks