View Single Post
Old 12-03-2010, 11:08 AM

OMG! my new front tires are shot.

Long story. I will try and make it short. Back in the spring I bought 4 new tires for my 99 E300 diesel. Also had both of the outer tie rod ends replaced and had a four wheel alignment done. So far, so good. Last week I decided to check the air pressures. When i did, I was shocked to find that both of my front tires were worn down to the steel belts on the insides. Back to the shop. Mechanic discovers that my inner tie rod ends are bad. He replaces them and takes the car to a different alighnment shop, (not trusting the previous alighnment shop who didn't notice the inner rod ends being bad). I just got a call from the mechanic, (who is also a very trusted friend), he said the car is done, however, the alignment shop said to have the cast & camber checked by a Mercedes shop immediatly because he believes the problem is not resolved. He thinks the first alignment shop somehow messed up the cast & camber and he doesn't have the knowledge or special tools required to do the adjustments. Is this true? Or should I try yet another alignment shop?

99 E300 TD, Mostly wifes car. I'm going to steal it from her.
90 GMC 3500, 4X4 dually. My, I dare you to cut in front of me, truck
47 Harley Knucklehead hardtail, Ouch!
65 Harley Panhead
03 Harley Roadking
58 Jenny