Thread: Start no start
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2010, 12:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry View Post
Very common problem on 123's. Search and you will find. In front of the battery on top of the right front inner fender is a plastic wire junction box. Next time this happens, open the top and jump terminals 1 and 3. 90% of the time this will activate the starter.
Poor connections in the ignition circuit reduce current to the starter. Some people resolve it by putting a ford starter solenoid near the starter. Me, I carry an 8 inch piece of solid copper romex with the ends stripped off so I can jump the terminals when it happens.

Solid advice and thank you. Found the terminal at the time of the problem but had no light nor way to jump it, nor did I want to get dirty as I had evening plans (a mid distance drive to family and dinner). Will carry some wire from here on out.

As to boblo_home:
tried cranking the engine 30 plus times, it had no clicking sound, i cycled through the gears many a time, tried the start in neutral at least 15 times, and my battery terminals are excellently clean.

If you are like me, and read to find solutions to problems you have not come across I suggest taking the diagnosis of Kerry.