View Single Post
Old 12-05-2010, 02:52 PM

Thanks for the recommendations everyone. Here's an update:

Over the weekend I was lucky enough to find and replace the electronic throttle actuator with a rebuilt unit that a friend had in stock and........NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!! The same exact problem after installation

I have even checked the rubber intake boot between the ETA and plastic cross tube to the MAS for slices on the boot, as I remember seeing a car with a hairline crack in one developing a vacuum leak with all sorts of weird problems.

Just decided to get her back up on the lift to check fuel pumps. They are sounding healthy, but haven't done a fuel pressure check yet. The vehicle also has all new ignition coils.

Upon start up the car runs very well; could even pass for perfect but for a slight shake. Then as it leaves cold start cycle after the air pump shuts off it begins to miss slightly until and after about 10 minutes goes into a full-fledged hunt/surge shaking. When placed it gear it gets wicked; the car starts lurching like it were in a rocking chair.

Still getting a Lambda 35 mixture rich/lean code after resetting and performing adaptations reset. Ran the car and it goes like stink but stopping at a light or sign is a different matter. It's rediculous.

I might have to buy a new MAS. But as mentioned earlier, my friend gave me three used ones. Can they all be bad?