View Single Post
Old 08-30-2002, 09:32 AM

Post gonna Turbocharge a 2.5L 16V 190E.

Hi guys;

this is my first post here, I don't have a MB, I have a SEAT Cordoba SX that I have turbocharged and done a lot to it, it looks like a cordoba just from the out side, open the bonnet and it has nothing to do with the stock car .
Now I have a friend who has a 190E 2.5L 16V and he is interested in having more power out of that car, so I have convinced him to Turbocharge the car, we will do it all custom made as we did to my car, what I am interested in most is to know if there are any tricks or hints I should take into consideration when performing such a project, we are going to keep the mechanical injection system and stock ignition, on my car I have a piggyback system that controls Fueling, Timing and Extra injection, but my car has a Motronic injection system, while the benz doesn't so we will use the piggyback "SMT5-I from www.perfectpower.com" to control 4 extra injectors that will be allocated on each of the four intake runners for equal fuel distribution "the SMT5-I will have an external MAP sensor to trigger the injection process" if we provided enough fuel under boost, we won't need to retard the timing would we "keeping in mind that we use 98RON unleaded fuel al the time" .
the intercooler might come from a Volvo FMIC or a BMW 745i or might go custom made or W>A IC (did not consider that yet) but we will try our best to have a good enough intercooling process,
so assume u add another fuel pump, 4 extra injectors 218cc/min each, IC, a Garrett T3 from a Lancia Integral, or a KKK K26 turbo, what is the stock CR on these cars "european model" ? what do u think is the boost level that we can run with such a setup ? how to lower CR on these cars? should I use a double headgasket? or is there a lower CR pistons from another benz that we can use "on my Cordoba I am using an 8v psitons under a 16v head that took CR from 10.8:1 to 7.8:1"

any ideas or inputs would be greatly appreciated.
BTW I just want to say that I have never found a group so cool and act like gentlemen as u guys and the strangest part is that some of u are really highly qualified mechanics who help others without delay at all.
Congradulations for ur behaviour and for a wonderfull helpfull forum.
best regards
Nabil

Last edited by nabilsx; 08-30-2002 at 09:43 AM.