Thread: 1987 300E
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2010, 07:00 AM
Benz addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvin9679 View Post
start working on it tomorrow - have to replace headlights also (received those today) - gonna do the fluid changes also have to replace valve cover gasket - the headrests, drivers side missing switch.the pass side when you use switch you can feel it move in the seat but it doesnt move the rest its self. The pass windows tha dont work, when you hit the switch the lights dim but they dont move. the temp gauge is black - found one on ebay for 25.the things that surprise me is the dash clock doesnt lose a minute and the rear defroster works great.Also the seat adjustment switches only work if the door is open - i find that perplexing.Thank you guys for the help so far, this at first seemed a daunting task but looks like i'll be able to get this beauty back roadworthy soon.
Headrest - broken gear. Remove seatback and investigate. Screw at bottom, then pull down.

Windows - sounds like you have power, remove door panel. Screws at lock plate at rear, remove black plastic behind door handle to find screw, then remove door handle and then seat switch. Check to see if the regulator is bound up. Door panel lifts UP to remove. Be very careful not to break any of the hooks.

Temp display - Earlier cars had different pin out than later. Check archives for fitting a later one.

Seat adjustment - Seat switch will work only if door is open OR if ignition is turned on. Key off, door closed, no power....

Jim
85 300TD 4 spd man, euro bumpers and lights, 15" Pentas dark blue 274k miles