View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 02:18 PM

I'm getting back to this project today. I already removed the upper bolt on the tensioner so that I can swing it aside and see the rest of the operating arena. My plan was to unhook the vertical spring to take load off the tensioner, but looking at it, I'm not sure of the best method. I didn't have much luck creating movement by hand, and I'd like to have a plan before I just go tapping out bolts to remove the spring, only to find I can't get the spring back on. I am also keenly interested in not breaking that plastic block at the top of the spring.

I am reviewing the post by TMAllison, JRImrie and alphadeltaromeo to make sure I am doing this the easy way. Let me know if I understand your methodology. It isn't clear to me if you use the 17mm bolt to torque the tensioner so that you can take load off the vertical spring so you can remove it, or if you are just taking the tensioner off. This allows you to unhook the vertical spring to allow the tensioner to move so that you can reach the bottom damper bolt more easily.

I have not yet availed myself of a 17mm bolt and nuts, so I think I am behind the curve.

Thanks for the help!
Tom

Last edited by tlynch; 12-11-2010 at 02:33 PM.