View Single Post
Old 12-11-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam007 View Post
i have tried this website and extremely happy with my transaction. The parts came in very well in time and now my Mazda MPV is back on track. Thanks www.autopartsway.ca
This guy has been spamming all auto forums.

I USED to buy some stuff from them, but had a bad experience which seeing he posted, I will share with you!

I placed an order with them some time back that included two oil filters for my SL. For some reason (maybe stock), I obtained a brand called "FULL" instead of the usual Hengst. Autopartsway said both on website and in later email that these filter were OE equivalent.

Last year, car was in local shop for some work, so I gave them one of the filters to install. It was in for one summer. When I next did an oil change, I planned on using the second FULL filter. But, first thing I noticed, was that the large O-Ring was the wrong size. Then I compared the actual filter with an OE MB that I had since bought. As you can see from the pics, the seals at the top and bottom of the element are oversize. Oil would just bypass the element. Basically my car had run for one summer with no oil filter.

I brought this to the attention of Autpartway. They were totally uncooperative. They told me to contact FULL - I did try but could not find this company. I also found that no person at Autpartsway will identify themselves. They list a street address, but it is just the location of a POBox. It appears they are just order takers and orders are shipped, mainly from Worldpac warehouses.

This company continues to sell the faulty filters. Hopefully this post will save others from using Full filters or Autopartsway!

I plan in future on dealing ONLY with sellers who have a brick and mortar location and where owners or managers provide there names and contact information.
Attached Thumbnails
Any Ontario guys out there?-filter-oring-fullvsoem.jpg   Any Ontario guys out there?-filter-grommet-oem.jpg   Any Ontario guys out there?-filter-grommet-full.jpg