View Single Post
Old 12-19-2010, 08:37 PM

Well I must be a trail blazer on this one. Nothing on youtube either. I was worried about putting the clips back on that hold the lens on. It turned out it is pitifully simple. Actually it turned out that removing the headlight was harder than changing the lens.

For anyone who might be trying this job, here is what I did. First open the hood, then remove the side marker light by reaching in behind it and pulling on the little keeper lever then it pull right out. Then pull the connector off the back and set the side marker assembly aside.

Then Remove the 2 phillips screws on the outer side and one phillips screw on the inner side (inner being toward the radiator, outer being toward the fender). Then remove the 8mm hex screw from the top and the the 8mm hex screw from the inner side. This one is the hardest to get to. If you are doing the US passenger side, then they have a little plastic access cover to get to this screw. For the drive side it is a little harder to get to. Once all the screws are out you can remove the headlight assembly and remove its connector. You also need to unsnap the trim/gasket thing from the top. The other trim piece will hang from the car since there is a rubber part still attached.

Now the easy part. Mark the location of the clips and remove them with a flat screwdriver. Then remove the old gasket (since your new lens came with a new one). Clean out any glass bit inside (a small paint brush or detail brush works good) and make sure it is dry inside. Put the new gasket in and carefully position the new lens in the opening. Now take a clip and find a spot where it can go. Put the clip on the glass edge first then push onto the plastic body with your fingers. It is pretty easy. Do the remaining clips. I think there are 6 total. "Assembly is reverse of removal".

One thing I forgot to mention is I parked in front of my garage door and before I took the headlight assembly out I turned on the lights and marked where the light hit the door with post it notes. Then when I replaced it I could easily line it up again. This is assuming the alignment was correct in the first place! (which mine was).

Good luck!