View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Unbanned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymog View Post
Someone is running a 3.5L in a 3.0, it seems it was either you or Sixto.
Not me, but a couple people over on the STD forum (?) put a 3.5 pump in a 3.0 and said it made more low-end power. The 3.5 pump is calibrated for less fuel up top though (especially the .970) so I never had much interest in playing with one.

Quote:
I'm still not convinced that the effect was from the wastegate, low RPMs from the engine would be lower turbo RPMs also, but I'm pretty sure that you understand how supersonic airflow affects things like turbos so I'll move on.
It was really weird, hard to explain. But when cruising at say 30mph and rolling on the throttle (say half to 2/3 throttle), it just wouldn't spool up. I can't possibly see how that could be the result of supersonics. It's not like it shot up and then died (although, I suppose it could be that my current high-RPM problem could be related to this somehow).

Quote:
Are you using the stock intake system (including the AFM)? Is the intake hose going to present a problem with the shorter-intake (sans-ARV) 55-trim turbo?
Yes, for now, the idea is to keep things as stock as possible, due to lack of time for custom fabrication. And, I'm curious to see how far we can take the stock setup power-wise, i.e. what the limit is for factory manifolds & turbos.