View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Unbanned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by babymog View Post
Watched the videos, wow you're pulling some pretty hefty EGTs and IATs (especially considering you're driving in the cold and snow!).
Yeah, tell me about it. Ambient temps were ~35F, btw.

Quote:
More air will certainly help but it seems like the boost is maintaining pretty well as the EGTs rise, makes me think that a bigger turbo isn't going to have a dramatic enough effect to be able to stay below that 1400C number above 100MPH or so (at least not to the original 130+ mph redline).
If you watch carefully, the EGT's seem to be fairly stable when boost is near 20psi, but then climb rapidly as boost drops to 15psi. Could be coincidence though. (?)

Quote:
I'm thinking that you'll need an aftercooler to keep it under control with that fueling.
Normally I'd agree, but the guy on the STD forum with 7.5mm elements in his M-pump on a 617 has managed 250hp at the wheels with no intercooler, just a larger T3/T4 hybrid turbo!!! Click here, see post #14 and #17. That 30psi of boost probably helps. Note that he went from ~200rwhp to ~250rwhp by increasing boost and the pump rev limit. Still no IC.

Quote:
Next question/comment: What made you choose the .96x IP over the .970 IP you had (for modifications)?
I was never convinced that the .97x pumps were the way to more power, and the fact that Myna would charge extra to replace the .97x cam with a .96x cam seemed to at least somewhat corroborate that.