View Single Post
Old 12-26-2010, 03:20 AM
I LOVE BRUNETTES

Thumbs up My SDL turbocharger

First, I have no plans to modify my IP other than a reseal and set the fueling to the high side of OE spec. This is nothing more than an economy luxury car to me from the 80s that acquires respectable fuel economy. I have other stuff to drive if I want to go much faster. Means no IC, no Meth, etc. Just a simple, durable vehicle.

I am going to have my spare T3 rebuilt here as I have to do a HG now. It was coming and finally occurred, so not a big deal and the perfect time is now. I think this T3 is a big larger than the existing KKK on the car which I believe is just a small model K24.

Anyway, my T3 could use a new compressor wheel as the blades have some wear... as to be expected from a high mile turbocharger.

Where can I pick up an OE replacement wheel? This has the .50 trim as I understand. Is there a better wheel around that fits the stock housing that will move more air and/or more efficiently?

What about the turbine wheel? This is in good shape, but is there anything better I can pick up that is on the market that is a direct fit for the housing? ... you know that was not designed back in say, the 1970s?

Maybe lighter weight wheels to reduce rotational mass to help spool up.

'85 300SD 245k
'87 300SDL 251k
'90 300SEL 326k

Six others from BMW, GM, and Ford.

Liberty will not descend to a people; a people must raise themselves to liberty.
[/IMG]