View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 01:03 AM

Unhappy 89 300ce E.H.A. system major issues

hi guys and gals,ive been having serious issues with the e.h.a operating system,in the cold when engine sits all night the engine will not start,when i connect the 2 pin connector to eha the car starts and idles to approx 1,000 r.p.m,problem is if i gas the peddle she idles up to 2,000 r.p.m then about stalls out then catches and repeatedly idles up and down between 1,00 r.p.m and 3,000 r.p.m untill full 80 celcius operating temp is achieved,if i attempt to drive the car it bogs down goes absolutley nowhere revs up to 4,000 r.pm, will not shift into second gear until i lift the gas peddle up,now if i disconnect the 2 pin sensor the car idles and runs great,however there is still a lack of full power especially on freeway.this is what i need to do,in the morning i must connect eha sensor to start car let it warm about 5 mins,then in order to drive car functionaly i must then disconnect sensor.i was told from the foriegn auto shop i needed to replace both fuel pumps so i installed high flow systems fuel pumps,operating at a greater psi than stock,i replaced fuel filter,02 sensor,ovp.and it never fixed issue,does anyone have any idea as to why this eha system is operating backwards the air fuel ratio was adjusted because it had a surging idle,i just cant take opening the hood every freezing morning to connect eha then disconnect it,then when engine is ice cold reconnect eha to start it again,any ideas would be awesome,thanks.marc