View Single Post
Old 12-29-2010, 11:22 AM

1987 300TD Stereo Speaker Wiring

Hi Ken, Would have been beneficial to see your post earlier.

I've been reading through stereo installations on this site for the last three days attempting to determine how to wire a new stereo after having removed the Becker Grand Prix.

Very confusing after reading all the threads.

I've pulled the wires from the fader to behind the stereo receiver, cut the power connector off the harness and returned the connector to the back of the removed Becker.

The Becker's sound had static, base and treble do not want to operate on the unit and the sound comes and goes.

From what I've read wire colors and number of wires change from year to year.

It's a amazing that some express this wiring as self explanatory or straight forward!?

I've cut the first set of three ground wires in the fader harness and located another set of three soldered nearly all the way down in the rear of the harness.

This set of two blacks and Brown wires are so far back I'll have extreme difficulty cutting and stripping this set and add length to them.

Colors in the harness from the fader are; red-brown, brown, gray-blue, red/black, gray-brown, brown-black, green-black, black-white, and yellow-black.

There a two sets of three wires soldered with two blacks, one with gray wire and the other set has a brown wire.

Do you have a wiring diagram for this model year so I can determine where each of these wires go?
Thank you, -Tom

Last edited by whunter; 06-26-2011 at 12:14 AM. Reason: spelling