View Single Post
Old 01-05-2011, 08:32 PM
Mercerator

I have been flirting with alternative fuels ever since I bought my 617. Never actually did it until tonight. I was talking to a friend of mine who I wrench with about it, and he poured my waste motor oil in my tank without specific direction from me. I laughed...I figure it will be ok. I did plug the block heater in tonight just to be safe.

There was a NC government official who was burning straight wvo in his VW and he pretty much nipped in the bud that for NC, its cool to burn whatever you want in your diesel. I have never been stopped and dipped. I know vstech has, but that was in charlotte.

My cousin got stopped and dipped, his farm truck had farm diesel in it and he got a ticket. If you dip a two tank system, you get whatever is in the tank, not the trunk.

Do it, and don't advertise. Once you save about 500$ in fuel, you're golden, even if you blow the engine (you can get a 617 at the pullapart for about 500$)

The diesels don't run at their tip top on anything but diesel, but they will get you there on a ton of different fuel. Dale got home on lawnmower gas once.

77' 300D, "Cartman" SOLD @ 150K (didn't know what I had)
83' 300SD, "The Superdon" 325k+ @ 28mpg
95 E320 wagon, "Millennium Falcon" 231k+ @ 24 Mpg
95 E300D, "Sherley" 308k @ 33.69 Mpg, currently anticipating a head
99 Suzuki Intruder "Trudy" @ 45 mpg