View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgiovan View Post
Aw Forced, c'mon you old curmudgeon. One of your key points early on in this thread was biodieselers were a bunch of law breakers bent on cheating the government from tax revenue. I pointed out the Prius and Volt driver argument to you and you spun into a discussion about fuel economy. The government picks (and subsidizes) winners and losers based on politics.

It's ok. You can be nice and say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion. One thing you did validate for me was my 90%+ posit. Thanks!

Thanks for the link about the oil producers, do yourself a favor and research the trail of petrodollars (regardless of country) and get back to us. To be sure, all the countries listed on that link (a US Government link which most certainly makes it true and credible) reads like a who's who of our friends and allies. I feel much better and stand corrected.

What it boils down to is this: people by and large are inherently lazy and refuse to accept that another valid possibility exists on anything because it challenges the norm. You can be lazy and make sh!!ty fuel. You can be lazy and drive to the station on the corner and dump in your $3.29 a gallon for D1/D2 and drive off. Or you can take the time to *properly* educate yourself and get involved in becoming self-sustained.

All the things you cite as reasons biodiesel is bad (safety, insurance, taxes, etc.) are red herrings and you know it. Those same concerns can be said for just about any activity. It's all in doing things right vs. cutting corners and being a moron.

Nothing personal on my end, just love having the discussion. Problem is you have folks who know it all and if you do not agree with them you are a moron and are flamed on boards like this.
^^^ Agreed!

People need to keep in mind that an individual can put whatever fuel into their vehicle that they choose. It's their vehicle! Unless & until someone buys my vehicles & leases them back to me & has control, what I use for fuel is my business alone. I personally would not use WVO/SVO in my car or truck, but properly produced biodiesel I will certainly use!

Since I live in NC, I don't have the worry about violating any laws, particularly if I produce bio for personal use...which is what I will be doing. I have no interest in selling it, therefore no problems with the legal eagles.

As has been noted, the price of D2 is rising - for whatever reason (it always goes up just before holidays/summer driving season). If one can take a waste produce & turn it into a productive one that doesn't break laws or put anyone else at risk, what's the problem?? If you are a purist & will only run D2, that's OK too.

Since this is a forum of ideas, as well as helpful information, let not a few di-hards (you know who you are) discourage those of us that wish to pursue other already proven fuel sources.