View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Unbanned...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiBenz1987 View Post
The compressor I borrowed did get the springs out with everything attached, so hopefully can get them back in.
Excellent! One warning - after tightening all the bolts at the ~15" level, you'll find that you will need to push down on the wheel carrier to get it all the way down (to the travel limit of the shock). You'll need to do this to get the compressed spring back into the LCA. It will make more sense once you get to this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiBenz1987 View Post
I'm debating whether to do the tank strainer now or suffer later. Advantage of doing it later would be doing it outside, and after I run the tank to near-empty. I don't know if I can handle a face full of diesel in a sealed-up garage right now. How much harder is it with the subframe on? Worse than brake lines?
IIRC, access to the strainer area is a real nuisance with the subframe fully installed. Siphon the tank empty first and there should be only a quart or two of fuel left, so you'll get just a sprinkle instead of a bath. A large socket (46mm, like this one) is needed to unscrew the strainer.