View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 08:49 PM
Certifiable

Definitely no censorship. People should be able to freely express their opinions without retribution from the thought police. I think the difference is when it is done with respect vs. the perpetual need to kick someone in the huevos because they dared take a contrary position.

While certainly nothing new to mankind, this sort of disrepect is pervasive in today's Fox vs. MSNBC world. I need to find the quote but I recall a story by a famous senator or congressman from the 50s & 60s saying that they could debate their counterparts vigorously then all go out for a beer afterwards because despite differences they respected each other. Seems that respect has gone.

Not an indictment on any one person (here or anywhere else), just sort of an observation. I see this in my "other job" all the time. Even guilty of it myself. But have committed in 2011 to correct the err in my ways, at least be more cognizant of it and acknowledge others when I catch myself. People need to be able to freely express themselves without having to put on the flame suit. Especially easy behind a monitor and keyboard. Everyone's an internet Chuck Norris!
2014 Ram Cummins Megacab (tow rig)