View Single Post
Old 01-07-2011, 06:56 PM

Myna install in my 84 wagon

So I've changed the timing chain, adjusted the valves and installed the Myna pump. Linkage was an issue, and still is today, as well as the lift pump. The lift pump was a bit stiff and I needed to pull it apart, clean it and re-assemble in order for it to function as designed. Done without problems. The linkage from the right foot to the pump is made, but not perfected yet. I'm going to have to get another rod and use a die to cut the proper threads in order for the pump to reach the full amount of travel. After this I need to make any pump adjustments. Right now the VCV is leaking, so shifts are not optimal as they were with my modified MW pump. After a first day of install and a small amount of tweaking the results are good but there certainly is room for improvement. The amount of smoke at idle is a bit more than I'd like, but not enough to get a ticket. There is a bit more smoke at the low end when boost is building than I'd like also, but again not enough to get a ticket. I can control that to an extent with my foot. Above 2500 rpm the engine really wakes up and there seems to be no drop off in the rate of rising power all the way to the shift point. My modified MW gave nice low end and much improved mid and high end over stock settings, but the Myna is a different animal in the upper boost/rpm range. However with the timing at 25 degrees the engine now sounds like a 6BTa. The MW with stock 24 timing and AAZ injectors set at 150 bar were very very quiet. I like quiet, but like power more. I have a small injector leak, more tweaking and a new/better linkage rod to make and then report back. Pics and perhaps a short video soon.