View Single Post
Old 09-06-2002, 12:03 PM

Cool

Hey my euro friends:

1985 500sl 132,000 miles. I believe the color is referred to as Lapis Blue, Dark Blue Interior.

I have had the top end of the engine rebuilt, head gaskets, rear main, water pump, new convertible top, driving lights, and tires. This was my father's car who passed away in 1993. My mother had it in Florida since then but it started to nickel and dime her so she handed me the keys for my 40th b-day in 2001. As I could never part with it I will rely on you all for assistance in keeping it running. Need to rebuild the steering box (adjusted to the max) and replace the Becker Mexico radio. Love the look of Ericdee's euro headlights and am negotiating with the wife for necessary funding.

Was not an enthusiast before I acquired it, but good god to these things fly. I've learned that the euro engines are somewhat different from american versions i.e. love premium fuel. Mechanics are not fond of working on them either. I am a first time poster so please excuse my lengthy intro. Pictures will follow when time permits.