201 chassis problems (various)
I'll try to be brief:
1) car is smooth up to 80mph. that's where really strong vibrations start (worse at 85 mph). Flex Disc(s)? I DID eliminate tires as a possible culprit.
2) all of a sudden the steering has to be turned 1" clockwise for the car to go straight (no pulling though...)
3) at the time 2) has happened, I begun to hear that awfull squeak from the rear suspension (bushings?)
4) probably need rear shocks because after replacing fronts car sits 2" higher up front and handles very "skittish".
5) have about 1" free play on the steering wheel
6) Mechanic said there is nothing wrong the suspension (including rear shocks)
1985 190D 2.2l Sold-to Brother-in-law
1996 Mustang 3.8l -"thinks it's a sports car"
1988 Grand Wagoneer - Sold (good home)
1995 Grand Cherokee Ltd -"What was I thinking??!!"