Thread: 2006 CL55AMG
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2011, 02:14 AM

yes, i think the smart cars are rolling coffins if you get hit. and at their prices, it is cheaper to just go and buy a real coffin.

intercity delivered the cl55amg yesterday. unloaded during a break in the rain.

the java leather works well with the brilliant silver. only oddity is that benz uses a darker leather for the top of the dash. so it is a split bit of furnishing.

i shall tell you more about this vehicle after my benz friends at a local, independent dealership get finished with examining it.

sfbenz has convinced me that most cpo status is a sales gimmick. it is all a perfunctory exam. the only beneficial aspect of that status is that one can purchase a warranty out into the future, protecting yourself from the negligence of the dealer's lacklustre cpo exam.

mbusa should really put an end to the chicanery of its dealers.

this is not to say that this isn't a historic benz coupe. it is. and that is why i decided to add it to my little sacco collection.

mbusa, however, does allow its dealers way too much latitude in the cpo designation.

a vehicle so designated should appear as if new. doing it like lexus.

the scarring on this car could not have been overlooked by sfbenz. and wasn't noted by my examiner. so, somehow sfbenz failed to secure this car until it was picked up by my transporter, intercity lines. and it became scarred while waiting for that pick-up.

it is not a major catastrophe. but i would advise you not to do business with sfbenz if you are doing an out of state transaction. and you don't personally examine any car you think to buy from that dealer, and take photos.

this is not the first time that i have encountered m-b dealers playing loose with the cpo designation. and i should know better than to trust any one of them.

still, as an out of state purchaser, one thinks that the m-b dealer will be doing it with some modicum of integrity. i guess i am still misunderstanding the car business.

NO BUSINESS CAN GET AWAY WITH AS MUCH BULL**** & FRAUD as the car business. and no manufacturer is more honest than the lowest life dealership.

the sales person at sfbenz sent me a letter asking me to refer all my friends to this dealership.

after i consider the results of an independent cpo exam, i shall consider that request.

at this moment, i would say to all extra-california purchasers to stay away from that dealership.

unless you can inspect the car, photograph the vehicle before proceeding with the transaction.

so it goes......