View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 09:25 AM
New England Hick

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldnavy View Post
Well you nailed it pretty well except I have no problem with my masculinity at my size (6'5" 290#) and age (65) with bad back thank to last chopper flight and now arthritis.

Another problem was nearest dealership is tad over two hour drive one way at 135 mile from here. That presents a problem when you have kids to pick up every day after school and daycare or I would have traded for an R class.
Sorry to hear that you had to trade your CDI but I can't really fault you with your replacement choice. We fought it for as long as we could but we couldn't live without our minivan (Hondy Odyssey), in fact it's almost too small for us if traveling. Nothing can match the combination of utility, space, seating capacity, ride comfort, value, etc. Any of the SUVs or Crossovers with third row seating (except a Suburban) have zero storage space behind the third seat. While we don't have enough, it's still more than any other option (Suburban or Excursion excluded). Fuel mileage isn't great but is usually better than the other alternatives.

I've all but lost hope of ever seeing a diesel Odyssey (which has been rumored for almost a decade). I could live with the restrictions if they were available. But since they won't, I might break down and buy an older diesel Sub or Excursion since we're rapidly outgrowing the van. I'd like to be able to tow with it as well and that can be an issue with the minivans, especially if you're nearing capacity with people + their stuff.

I've never had an issue driving it either. But I guess I can see how some less confident folks could.

1980 300TD-China Blue/Blue MBTex-2nd Owner, 107K (Alt Blau) OBK #15
'06 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (for the wife & 4 kids, current mule) '03 Honda Odyssey (son #1's ride, reluctantly) '99 GMC Suburban (255K+ miles, semi-retired mule) 21' SeaRay Seville (summer escape pod)