View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 09:56 AM
DD MOD, HVAC,MCP,Mac,GMAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randy View Post
Yes, I made it home in the 2005 E 320 CDI. Photo soon.
I need basic advice: (1) is there anything special to know about changing the oil? about changing the coolant and thermostat? About changing the fuel filter?
These are the basic tasks I think I can handle and I will probably need to do first.
I can find the correct oil, according to the manual. is Shell Rotella T6 15w40 on the Mercedes-Benz approved list. According to the manual, the viscosity is OK for my climate, but would a lower "w" be better, or no matter?
I will use OEM filters.
Thanks, Randy
this oil does not exist...
the T6 synthetic is rated 5W40. the blue bottle.
if it were me, I'd do a little research on oil before using the T6 in an 05 model! amsoil,Mobil1, and Lubrimolly are all better choices.
I'm not familiar with that motor yet, but the fuel filter should be up top, and the oil change on newer models is sometimes tricky due to toploader requirements, and lack of dipsticks etc.
check all this out and report back here with pictures!

My drivers:
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5Turbo
1987 190D 2.5-5SPEED!!!

1987 300TD
1987 300TD
1994GMC 2500 6.5Turbo truck... I had to put the ladder somewhere!