View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 06:05 PM
Diesel User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1977busman View Post
I've been looking into getting a centerfuge, but its still all just a thought in my head...
another thought i had the other day, was if you have any steel 55 gallon drums, put a strong magnet on the bottom of the barrel and it will magnetize the whole barrel over time. After a few days it will start to pull out any ferrous material in the oil. If you have a weaker magnet, then it could be circulated around the barrel somehow so more oil will come in contact with the steel container or magnet. Maybe mechanically filter it first to remove the bigger stuff. For the record, I'm still not recommending using motor oil in your mercedes diesel. At my work, we're going to start toying with distilling diesel hydrocarbons from use lube oils. I've heard figures of people getting anywhere from 4 to 7 gallons of usable diesel from oils and the left over they use to fuel their distilling furnace. I'd imagine that the diesel you distill off might not have enough sulfur in it (just like at the pumps now!) so It might need some Biodiesel mixed in or the powerservice additive.

working on: aux electric fuel pump, coolant/fuel heat exchanger/filter head, afterglow, low oil pressure buzzer/LED