View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by W124 E300D View Post
hmmmmm

The standard design will chuck cabin temperature regulated heat out the footwells / side vents / screen vents depending on where you set the position of the right hand control....

etc.
this doesn't apply to the write-up presented here. you have a different heating system, we have ACC in north america. two very different systems working in very different ways. some similar components but the control of the systems is completely different. i have a euro 124 and i know what you're talking about but it doesn't apply at all to what the OP is trying to accomplish.

it's an awesome write-up and incredible amount of thinking and design went into this. i wonder also 'why' but the answer in this case must be 'because i can'. even if i don't understand why someone would go to such lengths, and rationalize it for warming their hands - i warm my hands on the vents too, it's cold up here in toronto, i would never go to such lengths for such a mundane 'improvement'.

the fact is that someone with limited ability to think this concept through could simply follow these instructions and achieve the results perfectly. it's no mean feat to put this together - i say 'well done'

punkinfair