View Single Post
Old 01-30-2011, 07:11 PM

Unhappy HOW DOES THE PART IN THE PICTURE BELOW WORK? I'M LOST .

Ok so I thought I rectified my CEL code 11 (Air Injection System), but I was wrong. Can some please look at this diagram and tell me how it works?

A) Smog pump turns on and blows air into tube.

B) Is this vaccum line supposed to suck in air or blow it out?

C) The check air valve only allows air in (or out) one way. Air is able to go in through the white half and exit through the black half. Is this on my car corrdect? Black half facing down?

D) This vacuum line connects to the diverter, but I'm not sure if it is supposed to blow air or suck in air?

***Please assume all parts relating to my air injection system are fully functional***

I did a test on my diverter and connected my mity vac to the port in section B. I applied vacuum and it held vacuum which enabled me to blow air through the port that connects to the smog pump (section A). However once I released the vacuum and tried to blow air through I couldn't. So if the smog pump is blowing air out, how is the check air valve in section C supposed to hold vacuum? I am really lost and would appreciate if someone shed some light on this for me, its been almost a year since Ive been battling with this
Attached Thumbnails
HOW DOES THE PART IN THE PICTURE BELOW WORK? I'M LOST .-air-diverter.jpg   HOW DOES THE PART IN THE PICTURE BELOW WORK? I'M LOST .-intake-1.jpg  

1990 190E 3.0L